OFFERING OUR TIME AND TALENTS
First Presbyterians can be found serving in ministry in many capacities in our local community and beyond. To highlight a few:
- Tutoring at Barth Elementary School.
- Leading a Book Busters group at Barth Elementary School.
- Home construction for Habitat for Humanity.
- Hosting and serving free Community Meals every Thursday at our church for neighbors in need.
- Annual week-long trips to Presbyterian Disaster Assistance sites to repair and rebuild homes affected by natural disasters.
- Installing clean water systems in villages in Honduras
Around the church, there are many opportunities for volunteers to participate in ministry from one-off opportunities, to once or twice a year, to monthly or weekly. For example, here are some of the ways that church members share their time and talents around the church:
- Sunday School teachers (we use teams so no one has to be there every week)
- Youth Group Advisors
- Young Children and Worship Leaders
- Childcare volunteers
- Counters (help us follow good financial practices with our money!)
- Preparing meals for the recently hospitalized
- Serving on one of the ministry committees that meets monthly (Administrative, Hospitality, Mission, Spiritual Formation, and Worship)
- Compassion Hospitality Team for funeral lunches
- Lay readers